Mammology is a specialty that deals with the diagnosis, treatment and post-treatment follow-up of benign (non-cancerous) and malignant (cancerous) breast diseases. Breast cancer is the most common malignant tumor among women, in the developed world every 8th to 10th women will develop breast cancer during their life. When cancer is detected at an early stage, it is usually curable. Women with close relatives who’ve been diagnosed with breast cancer have a higher risk of developing the disease.
Be sure to contact a breast specialist if you notice or feel in your breast:
- skin changes (redness, puckering or dimpling)
- blood or fluid discharge from the nipple
- other changes
We welcome to our consultations everyone, whose family members or close relatives have had breast cancer and/or ovarian cancer, as well as those who have identified genetic gene mutations (e.g. BRCA1 and BRCA2), as this indicates an increased risk of developing breast cancer. Men may also contact a specialist for consultation, as they may have problems with their breasts, including tumors.
Services provided by us:
- breast palpation
- breast ultrasound examination, if necessary with biopsy
- mammography and magnetic resonance imaging referral if necessary
- surgical treatment of benign tumors in the breast