A neurologist is a medical doctor who specialises in treating diseases of the nervous system. During a neurological examination, the neurologist reviews the patient’s health history with special attention to the current condition. Further tests and analyses may be needed to confirm a diagnosis and ultimately guide therapy and appropriate management. Our centre only treats adult patients.
We offer consultations for all problems:
- Headaches or tension-type headaches
- Cluster headaches
- Limb pain and other chronic nerve pain
- Spine pathologies – osteochondrosis, radiculitis
- Epilepsy or suspicion of it
- Muscle dystrophies
- Stroke, mini-stroke
- Parkinson’s disease or suspicion of it
- Alzheimer’s disease or suspicion of it
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Other nervous system disorders
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Neurological problems during sleep
- Memory disorders, including dementia
- Tick-borne infections and their associated side effects
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
Treatment of chronic migraine with Botox (Botulinum toxin) injections:
Patients who are suffering from chronic migraine and don’t receive assistance from conventional medication, they can be suggested to treat migraine with Botox injections into the head region. In this case, the patient receives injections in the head and neck area which paralyse the transmission of the pulses from the nerves to the muscles, which leads to muscle relaxation. At least 3-4 courses of treatment are required to evaluate the anti-migraine effect.
The complications of the procedure are generally rare and usually disappear by itself. Bruising can occur in the ejection are as a side effect, which can last for a few days. An allergic reaction is generally very rare.
Treatment of excessive sweating with Botox (Botulinum toxin) injections:
Excessive sweating or also known as hyperhidrosis can be treated with Botox injections. This means that botulinum toxin is injected into problematic areas under the skin. These areas include, but are not limited to:
- top of the head
The effect of the injections develops completely during one week and the duration of the injections is up to 1 year.